When it comes time to file your homeowner’s insurance claim, finding a licensed contractor who has the right skill set to manage the repairs on your home is important. An insurance company can usually recommend contractors who can get the job done, but if you want second opinions, or to get your own contractor then you should look for some basic things to help you decide.
To schedule your roofing service, call us at (510) 288-5449 or complete our online form.
- A written estimate, detailing the costs of material and labor as well as the types of work that will be done.
- A general time frame that you can expect the work to be completed in.
- Their contractor’s license number, the insurance policy number for their contractor’s general liability, and amount of liability insurance they carry.
- How long have they have been doing this kind of work.
- Not all repairs or contractors will guarantee work, it is a good idea to ask about this. If you have the option, take a contractor who can give you a guarantee on their work.
You should not be expected to pay for the above information. A good contractor generally knows that it’s part of the business when bidding on a job and working with insurance claims to give an estimate.
“They made all my dreams happen.”- Lance S.
You will need this information to present to your insurance adjuster to have them approve the repairs on your home. The claims process is usually longer for large losses and claims than it is for smaller ones. Learn more about what to expect in a disaster claim. Check into additional living expenses and how they work.
Call us at (510) 288-5449 or fill out our online form to receive your free estimate.